Rice Krispies Making Memories- Winter Holiday Challenge
This week I (Tara) was so excited to be the one to host the fourth and final Rice Krispies Making Memories Winter Holiday Challenge. We were able to pick anything in regard to what we celebrate for this holiday and since we all celebrate Christmas, we went with a Christmas theme.
What better way to get excited for Santa than to have a Christmas Krispy Kountdown. Our special recipe was Ginger Spice Rice Krispies cut into squares, covered in a variety of sprinkles and hung in ornament bags numbered up to 25 for each day of December leading up to Christmas Day! Your kids will love this special treat each day while counting down the days until Santa arrives.
Gingerbread Spice Rice Krispie Treats Recipe and Instructions
- 3 tbs of butter or margarine
- 1 tsp Gingerbread Spice*
- 1 package (about 40) of marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- Mix of colorful sprinkles
- 3 inch Plastic Bags, Bag Ties, Number Stickers, Small Ornaments, small Christmas tree (I bought this tree at Target for $8)
*If you can't find gingerbread spice, you can make your own: 1/2 cup cinnamon, 1/2 cup ground ginger, 1/4 cup allspice, 1/4 cup nutmeg, 1/4 cup ground cloves
1. In large saucepan melt butter completely over low heat.
2. Stir in gingerbread spice. Add marshmallows and stir consistantly until creamy.
3. Turn off heat. Mix in Rice Krispies until they are fully coated with marshmallow mixture. Lay out onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Cool and cut into small squares.
4. Press on sprinkles of different colors and place squares in numbered bags. Tie with bag tie and loop small ornament around top of bag and hang on tree.
$100 Gift Card Giveaway!
1. Comment below with your favorite Christmas Holiday Tradition.
For additional entries but not required:
Abbreviated Rules: No Purchase Necessary. Begins no earlier than 12:00:00 AM (ET) on 11/22/11 and ends no later than 11:59:59 PM (ET) on 12/18/11. For complete Official Rules, go to ( http://web.mediacdt.com/docs/BloggerRulesHalloween.pdf ). Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Subject to complete Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: The Motherhood; www.TheMotherhood.com.
Disclosure: This is part of a paid campaign sponsored by the makers of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal ®, TM, © 2011 Kellogg NA Co.
Additional participating blogs can be found listed on The Motherhood for more chances to win!